Slider

HELLO AGAIN

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter Review

Sunday 30 November 2014

The Body Shop, Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter, my pale skin, em ford, review, combination skin, cleansing butter, camomile

The Body Shop, Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter, review, my pale skin, em ford, combination skin, cleansing butter, camomile


In my recent trip to The Body Shop I picked up a few cleansing items from the Camomile range in the hopes of getting my skin care routine updated, locked down and working in perfect harmony with my skin.  

The Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing butter retails for £12.00 an having heard some great things about it on twitter from bloggers I love and trust, I jumped straight in purchased it without hesitation. 
How the product works is really quite simple, you take a small amount and in circular motions, work it into dry skin (on top of make up if you're wearing any!), next, soak a muslin cloth in warm water and gently wipe away, ensuring that all the product is taken off... follow up with your usual toner and moisturiser. 

I'm always up for trying new products and I loved how simple and easy this one sounded to use, however sadly,in this case, the reality didn't quite live up to the expectations. Now skin care is always subjective, and what works well for one person may not work well for others and that just happened to be the case in this instance.

I switched to using the Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter for a few weeks and it made my skin feel incredibly clean after using it in conjunction with the muslin cloth. During week one, I noticed no improvements in any troublesome areas, and a few extra breakouts I attributed to hormones, and the time of the month. I kept going with the product in the hopes of seeing an improvement, however, sadly by the end of week two, my face was in in an incredibly bad way. I had self inflicted clusters of acne all over my face including breakouts that were under as well as above the skin that were fairly sizable and quite painful. I can't actually remember the last time my skin looked this bad, and I immediately ceased using the product, instead switching back to my trusted Eucerin Dermopurifyer Cleanser and after about 48 hours, my skin calmed down and is on the way to being back to it's normal self. 

Although this product didn't work for me, It may work for you. I'd love to hear other people's thoughts on this product, did it work for you? Let me know in the comments.
Em xxx

My Skin Type - Combination.

17 comments:

  1. I've just bought this product, so I've only used it once or twice so far so am yet to decide if I like it. I'm hoping it will live up to some of the good review I've heard about it, but so far I can't see that it's anything special! After this I may try the Eucerin Dermopurifyer Cleanser to see how I get on with that :) xx

    http://chloeharriets.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a shame that it didn't work out for your skin! I've always struggled with Body Shop products for my face, I tried and tried with them when I was younger and they just used to break me out all the time, I could never work out what it was though :(

    Beka. xo
    littleworldofbeka.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a similar reaction to the oil version if I use it regularly - so I reserve it for times when I've worn heavier makeup. It's nothing special for the price! x

    NINEGRANDSTUDENT: A Student Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah no that's a shame it didn't work for you, but eucerin is fab to my daughter usually uses that but she's got the la Roche-Posay three step system on the go at the moment and her skin looks fab..

    Laura//libertylovesmakeup.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So disappointing when this happens - just shows how different everyone's skin really is!

    Jess | www.0ldtricks.com x

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw thats too bad it didn't work! still on the hunt for an affordable cleansing blame :(

    Stephanie's Look

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too bad! I have this in my drawer to try, so hope it works OK for me. I plan to use it more as a makeup remover, and then go in with another cleanser after. Hopefully that will avoid any unneeded breakouts.

    xo Brianna | Glazed Over

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Post, thanks for sharing. The Camomille Cleansing Oil made my skin very red and dry so although this is a beautiful range it doesn't work for my skin either. Kate x

    www.vanillainnovember.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. You poor lovie! I hope your skin feels better really soon

    Rxx

    www.peppermintdolly.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for being so honest! I love The Body Shop body creams but I'm not a fan of their face stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use the cleansing oil from the same range and it works very well for makeup removal. I use the FAB res clay cleanser to cleanse my skin and I really like and it doesn't break me out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's such a shame that it didn't work for you as I've heard a lot of good things about it. It's definitely something I want to try out for myself regardless, because I would love for it to work!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. có một sự thay đổi. Âm hàn khí sau khi chui vào trong cơ thể liền được

    hấp thu hơn nửa, không giống với trước đây.
    dịch vụ kế toán thuế trọn gói trung tâm kế toán tại tphcm ngoduong học kế toán tại cầu giấy kế toán cho giám đốc chung cư newskyline văn quán chung cư goldmark city dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói học kế toán phần mềm misa học kế toán thực hành meomeo007 01embesexy trung tâm kế toán tại hà đông chung cư hà nội trung tâm kế toán tại thanh xuân dịch vụ kế toán thuế dịch vụ báo cáo tài chính

    Tình huống này, Vương Lâm sau khi cân nhắc kỹ liền có ba cái đáp án. Một

    là âm khí không giống với linh khí, thích hợp cho hắn thổ nạp. Hai là

    Trúc Cơ kỳ thổ nạp hiển nhiên nhanh hơn so với Ngưng Khí kỳ. Ba là sau

    khi hấp thu được một bộ phận linh căn của Đằng Lệ, thiên tư của hắn đã

    tăng lên không ít.

    Còn về đáp án nào chính xác thì Vương Lâm cũng chẳng đi tìm hiểu, hắn chìm vào trong việc thổ nạp.

    Lúc bắt đầu, Vương Lâm cũng không thích ứng được ngay. Vì âm khí lạnh

    như băng sau khi hít vào trong cơ thể liền tỏa ra lục phủ ngũ tạng toàn

    thân. Cái cảm giác rét buốt từ trong ra ngoài, làm cho thân thể hắn cảm

    thấy run rẩy. Cảm giác đó so với việc thổ nạp linh khí hoàn toàn trái

    ngược. Một đằng thì ấm áp thoải mái, một đằng thì giống như chui vào hầm

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bạn có thể tham khảo các vấn đề ngoài phạm vi bài viết này:
    Vien uong trang da Beauty Skin an toàn hiệu quả
    Hiệu quả chất lượng với viên uống Beauty Skin
    Viên uống trắng da Beauty Skin của Mỹ
    Bạn đã dùng viên uống Beauty Skin có tốt không ?
    Giới thiệu Vien uong trang da beauty skin có công dụng tốt và an toàn
    Viên uống trắng da Beauty Skin là thương hiệu nổi tiếng hiện nay

    ReplyDelete
  15. The body shop chamomile sumptuous cleansing butter, Thanks .
    Remove White Background
    Clipping Path

    ReplyDelete

  16. Really informative articles. I appreciate your post. Thanks
    Neck joint service

    ReplyDelete
  17. Berbagai Petunjuk Mengubah Pemahaman Diri – https://trenmakeupunik.com/ Bila pemahaman diri Anda sekarang tidak tersedia dengan yang memungkinkan jadi diri terbaik Anda.

    Capai tujuan yang Anda incar, berikut waktunya untuk menggantinya jadi kemampuan untuk memakai kepribadian dan psikologi sosial.

    ReplyDelete