Slider

HELLO AGAIN

Celebrating One Year of My Pale Skin!

Saturday 31 January 2015





I can't believe I'm saying this, but today is the day that My Pale Skin turns one year old. When I started this blog a year ago, I had no idea it would receive the support it has. I didn't have a clue how big the beauty blogging world was, nor did I ever begin to imagine how it would change my life - or that I'd manage to hold onto a hobby for an entire year!

Before I started this blog, I wasn't really in a good place in my life. I had huge confidence issues due to some traumatic experiences I'd faced in the years previously. I also had a lot of spare time, and nothing to fill it with which meant that I felt like I was sort of just coasting through life. My general life pattern was work, internet, eat, sleep, repeat. My social and friendship circle was non existent - I didn't really have any friends, as i'd developed a coping mechanism of  shutting people out to help me deal with a lot of the personal issues I was facing.

My Pale Skin has taught me so much, in such a short amount of time and that's all thanks to you. I can't even begin to express how much it fills me with joy to see that people actually read, comment and even watch what I have to say.  But, here we are - one year and almost 300,000 page views later! I want to say thank you, to all of you, for clicking, tweeting, reading and joining me on my blogging adventure. 

I'm so thankful for all of you for helping me grow, not only as a blogger, but as a person, and a friend. This blog means so much to me, and I can't wait to see where we are, or what we've overcome  this time next year.

I've got some exciting things lined up to help celebrate this occasion, and that includes a full blog makeover! So expect to see some changes happen to the way My Pale Skin looks pretty soon! I'm also hoping to have a content upgrade and produce some more exciting content for you, which is where you come in. I'd love to hear what you'd like to see more of on this blog, what posts you like to read and which you're not too keen on - so do let me know in the comments.

Once again, Thank You. Thank you for reading, sharing and welcoming me into the blogging community. Thank you for helping me reach my first blog anniversary, and thank you for helping me let the light into my life.
Em xxx

26 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary! Mines tomorrow, which I'm super excited about. Your blog is amazing, incredible to see what can be done in just a year.
    Loves! Kirstie Xx.
    Kimamely Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and happy blog anniversary, you've achieved so much :-)

    alice x | beautybyalicee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blog anniversary, Em! I've read a bit of your self confidence issues that you have mentioned in other blog posts and I'm so happy that your blog helped you to get feel more confident about yourself and what you do.

    Cannot wait to see the new makeover!

    xx

    Shree | PorcelainShree | A Charming Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. you deserve it, congrats on your first year! xx

    Rose
    http://www.lepetitrianon.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats! and the pink dessert is too cute :)
    -Kate
    http://www.katekoutures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary! Your blog has been a great inspiration despite being only one year old! :)

    www.coquettishmish.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blog Birthday!!

    http://sophielfarrell.blogspot.co.uk/

    sophielfarrell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah amazing how well you've done in a year :) congratulations!!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a new reader, (as well as a fellow human with very pale skin!) and I can't believe you've only been around for a year. You've accomplished so much in such short time-- congratulations! I love your content.

    XxMO
    madame-ostrich.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh well done on one year! I love reading your blog :)

    www.lifeinthefashionlanee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've achieved so much in a year and you really deserve it. An absolutely stunning blog with great content.

    www.fislittleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy blog birthday, and congratulations on everything you've achieved so far! I love all your posts about products for pale skin, so more of them would be wonderful :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 1st blogging birthday! You should be so proud of yourself and everything you've achieved so far! Absolutely love your blog! x
    www.lucindafreya.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! I love the blog and am excited to see what's to come in the year ahead!

    Dusty Foxes Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! I hope my will be as good as yours when it will celebrate his first anniversary! :)

    http://atouchofpink1.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Guys !
    Do you anxious about your beauty and health ?
    Get Some tips from here

    Beauty Tips

    Face Care

    Skin Care

    Hair Care

    Fashion Tips

    Fitness & Diet Tips

    Health & Wellness Tips

    Lifestyle & Life Care Tips

    Thats all Guys .... Have a nice day !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to your for your "My Pale Skin" anniversary
    clipping path/Raster To vector

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks to My Pale Skin for sharing a lot of useful things Vietnam remy hair

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. https://connect.symfony.com/profile/packaging

    ReplyDelete
  20. Celebrating One Year of My Pale Skin! about the Celebrating which was held in America it was wonderful and full of fun Celebrating when I was working on my outlook to find the mail about the invitation of the Celebrating suddenly it got stuck and I was researching for the solution at refresh outlook here is really good information available about it and I found the solution and then the mail of invitation to thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have to thank you for the efforts you’ve put in penning this blog. I’m hoping to check out the same high-grade blog posts by you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own blog now 한국야동

    Also do visit may web page check this link 야동

    ReplyDelete