Slider

HELLO AGAIN

Foundations For Pale Skin: Pale Test #4 - Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream (31)

Monday 14 July 2014


Bourjois 123 perfect CC Cream, Pale Test, Swatch, My Pale Skin, Ivory, Shade 31


Bourjois 123 perfect CC Cream, Pale Test, Swatch, My Pale Skin, Ivory, Shade 31




I get asked on an almost daily basis which foundations and concealers are the best for pale skin tones, and this series is going to explore all different types of  products from varying brands and at all price levels which will hopefully help you to make a decision on which foundation and concealer is right for you! 

In universal skin tone terms.. I'm an NC15 in Mac. However, Mac isn't really doing it for me at the moment, so i'm on the hunt for a replacement that will be the perfect foundation for My Pale Skin. 


Product: Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream* is a product I often see discussed on twitter.  Famed for it's ability to even out skin tones and give a 'lighter than air' coverage.

Packaging:  The foundation comes in a plastic tube with a screw on cap. It doesn't feel lux, but the lid shouldn't come off in your bag as it screws on quite tightly.

Coverage: I find the Product gives a light coverage. If you have dark circles or break out areas, you will need to pair this with a good concealer as it it very unlikely it will cover any problem areas.

Colour:  The Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream* is available in 4 shades from Boots. I've been testing out the lightest shade from the range which is Shade 31 - Ivory. However, as I've found with nearly every Bourjois foundation or concealer i've tried - the colours are off. For some reason Bourjois make their base products in an extremely limited colour selection which is a shame, as I've heard so many lovely things. I wasn't too surprised to see that shade Ivory, was more natural beige.

Finish: Bourjois have added some light reflective pigments to this foundation which really does give a lovely dewy glow to the skin.

Final Verdict: At £9.99 it's a great dewy product, however if you have Pale Skin like me I wouldn't bother. Unsurprisingly, Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream* has FAILED the pale test. I'd say that from an NC25 and above, give it a swatch, and make sure you check it in daylight. But sadly, it won't be one i'll be using.


As Always, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this foundation or what you'd like me to try next, let me know in the comments.
Em xxx

14 comments:

  1. I agree about their shades being off. I too have pale skin and love the Healthy Mix serum but it is slightly too orange considering I buy their palest shade! Moved on to L'Oreal true match which is brilliant xx

    http://leahpaigejones.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been thinking about buying this, but going to give it a miss now! A really good one for pale skin is The Body Shop's tea tree oil BB cream, I think it's the first product I've ever found that is actually pale enough for me!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh this is interesting, Ive just read another post about this very product! Nice to hear a different view!
    Im currently on the lookout for a decent BB/CC cream / tinted moisturiser to slowly prize me away from full coverage foundation for the summer! Its tending to be a tough challenge!! :)
    Lianne | TheBrunetteSays...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pale and find this CC cream perfect for me. I tried the Garnier Oil Free BB cream in the lightest shade and that was way too dark and thick, I much prefer the Bourjois CC cream. I use it on my "no make up" days when I just want to even out my skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also agree their shades are off - the palest one I have tried is in the 10-Hour Sleep Effect Range and I can actually get this to work for me as its quite thin. I'd definitely recommend it to other paler girls, though it has a slightly too-yellow undertone! x

    http://ninegrandstudent.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel you pain when it comes to finding light enough goodies for us late girls! It disappoints me no end that so many products are useless to me cause their lightest shade is just too dark. My favourite 'cheap' drugstore CC foundation that's similar to this is the GOSH Illuminationg CC foundation in Porcelain. I really recommend it and think you'd love it!

    emlota xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm around the same skin tone as you and I sadly agree with your verdict! Right now I've actually got myself the slightest bit of a tan so I can just get away with this if I blend down my neck, but once the summer is over I know I'll need to give it up! I do really like the formula though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it would suit my skin tone quite well, i'm going to buy this for summer x
    http://blushingbeauty9.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd heard such rave reviews about this stuff.. so disappointed that it doesn't live up to a lot of reviews! Totally know how you feel about not being able to find shades light enough for your skin tone... ALWAYS have this problem with 'drugstore' foundations / concealers!

    XO, G from grace'd

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not pale but my skin is light enough for me to struggle with products.

    xx, M | Brunette In Black

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a shame this didn't live up to the colour test, apart from that it sounds like it would be really nice! x
    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like it would be a good shade for me... Keeping that in mind :)

    gyudynotesofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found the same thing with this foundation. I was really looking forward to using it as well. Such a shame!

    www.literatureandlipstick.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a Mac NW10 and at my absolute palest that can sometimes be too strong. I can where Maybelline Fit me 110, Nars sheer glow in Siberia and IT Cosmetics in the shade 'fair'. The next shade up is 'light' and it perfect for me at my most tanned. I hope that's helpful to someone out there.

    ReplyDelete