Slider

HELLO AGAIN

Make Up Revolution Ultra Blush & Contour Palette - Sugar & Spice Review

Saturday 6 September 2014

Make up revolution, blush and contour palette, sugar and spice, review, swatches


Make up revolution, blush and contour palette, sugar and spice, review, swatches

Make up revolution, blush and contour palette, sugar and spice, review, swatches

Make up revolution, blush and contour palette, sugar and spice, review, swatches

Make up revolution, blush and contour palette, sugar and spice, review, swatches

A few weeks ago I headed to the Summer Blogger meet in London, and in a blogger bag swap (from the lovely Sarah from And Beauty Or Something) I received the Make Up Revolution -  Sugar and Spice, Blush & Contour palette.

Make Up Revolution is a brand that I've seen quite often popping up on my bloglovin feed as well as twitter and instagram, but for some reason I hadn't managed to add any to my collection. I'm quite 'old school' when it comes to make up and I always prefer to swatch and feel products in store before I buy, and with only 2 Superdrug stores in Central London that stock Make Up Revolution, I haven't had a chance to get to one.

I was so happy to get this palette in my swap bag after eyeing it up online and I'm pleased to say that I was not disappointed. When purchasing drugstore blushers, I usually expect a certain level of pigmentation, and tend to take into account the fact that I'll need to run the brush over the product a certain umber of times. However with the Make Up Revolution palette, you get the opposite effect! This palette is so pigmented that all you need of each shade is a small dab on the brush, any more and you're in trouble.

The palette contains 8 shades that are unique to the palette, ranging from matte, shimmer and merged baked blushers, and that includes options for contouring and highlight. Over the past few weeks, on an almost daily basis, i've been wearing shades 2,4 and 7 to lightly contour, highlight and add some colour to my cheeks.

I love how affordable this palette is, at £6.00 it's incredible value, and the pigmentation is great, if anything - too great. Make up Revolution has won me over with this palette, and I'm very much looking forward to adding some more of their products to my collection.

What are your favourite Make Up Revolution products? Let me know in the comments.
Em xxx

8 comments:

  1. I currently have my eye on the Hot Spice version of this. Makeup Revolution are definitely one of my favourite brands now, all their products are such high quality for the price!
    xx

    Bekki | WALLFLOWER BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been eyeing this up too, it looks amazing!
    Amazing post as always Em, I love your blog and especially your "pale test" posts!♥

    Mollie \\ The Fashion Of Craft

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sound of this palette! can't believe its only £6 too! the shades are lovely so you have a lot of choices to choose from.

    Melissa x
    http://melissazia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of number 7, so pretty!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely swatches. It'd be great to see how this look on the face. Contour tutorial maybe?
    Loves! Kirstie Xx. (kimamely.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is pigmented! I expect the same as you from drugstore blushes, I'm pleased to see this one is different!
    Katy| sirensandbells.co.uk| facebook.com/sirensandbellsblog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Make up revolution ultra blush & contour palette . Thanks for sharing .

    Clipping Path
    Remove White Background

    ReplyDelete