Festivals, love them or loathe them, there's no escaping the news of them come summertime; so it's incredibly fitting that elf Cosmetics have challenged me to create the perfect festival make up look with a twist - Using only elf cosmetics!
Now going into this challenge, I thought i'd find this easy however that wasn't actually the case. I, like many of you out there use many different brands for many different products. On a normal work day I wear at least 7 different brands. Have you ever only used one brand for everything you put on your face?
I locked away all of my products and got to work with my new elf filled make up bag to create a look that could be seen anywhere from Coachella to Glastonbury this year.
I wanted to create something that was reminiscent of the 1970's vibe I get from festivals that could be thrown together very simply, and quickly from your tent mid morning without too much time or effort. Here's the result!
Here's a Product List of everything I used to create this look:
- Foundation: Elf Mineral Personal Blend Foundation - Light
- Concealer: elf Tone Correcting Concealer - Ivory
- Blush: elf all over cover stick - Persimmon
- Blush: elf Baked Blush - Rich Rose
- Eyeshadow: elf Essential Little Black Book - Cool Edition
- Eyeliner: elf Liquid Eyeliner - Black
- Mascara: elf Earth and Water Mascara Duo - Black
- Eyelashes: elf Natural Lash Kit
- Eyebrows: elf Brown eyeshadow (from 6pc eyeshadow palette)
- Eyebrows: elf clear brow gel
- Lips: elf Super glossy Shine Lipgloss - Juiced Berry
- Nail Varnish: elf Party Peach
Now the pièce de résistance of this look has to be the elf Essential Little Black Book. There are so many looks and colour combinations you can have using this one little eye shadow palette. Before I did this look I was sat there for what seemed like forever trying to work out what to do. I had too much choice!
I decided to go for something that I wouldn't wear on a day to day basis. I chose 5 colours and worked them all around the eye.
Here's a colour coded guide to show you where I placed them if you'd like to recreate this look at home.
I'd love to hear your thoughts on this look and what colour combinations you'd love to see using the elf Little Black Book Palette! Let me know your thoughts in the comments. xxx
To buy any of the products in this post, head on over to www.eyeslipsface.co.uk
*All Products featured are PR samples.