Slider

HELLO AGAIN

A Backstage Pass to Graduate Fashion Week 2014 - Part #1

Saturday 7 June 2014

Graduate Fashion Week 2014 Bourjois

Last week I was lucky enough to be invited to Graduate Fashion Week by Bourjois who were the official make up Sponsors. I adore catwalk make up, It always manages to look so effortless and flawless, and when offered the chance to go backstage and see the artists prepping the models and designing the looks, like any Beauty Blogger I jumped at the chance. 

As well as being given that sought after backstage pass, I also managed to catch the 'University of East London' Catwalk Show. There were so many beautiful looks on the catwalk, here are two that caught my eye.
Graduate Fashion Week 2014 Bourjois Leanne Bell
Leanne Bell
What I loved about this outfit from Leanne Bell, were the colours and how It spurred me into thinking how I could take inspiration from the outfit and transfer it to an everyday make up look. I'm envisioning Gold foiled eyes, with a hint of pink smoked out and a baby pink lip, I'd pair it with glowing skin and a bright highlight on the cheek.

Krasimira Ivanova-Stoyneva Graduate Fashion Week

Krasimira Ivanova-Stoyneva
This coat from Krasimira Ivanova-Stoyneva really stood out to me as a striking use of colour. To transfer this to a make up look, I'd go for a yellow and blue eye teamed with  a bold flick and a bright red lip.

Bourjois Graduate Fashion Week backstage

Bourjois Graduate Fashion Week backstage

I loved being able to go back stage and watch the make up artists at work. The head make up artist for the show was the amazingly talented Lan Nguyen-Grealis. Her station totally made my jaw drop when I saw all the products she had to play with! 


Bourjois Graduate Fashion Week backstage

I arrived at just the right time as I managed to catch Lan demonstrating one of the key looks for a show to one of her team. I adored this gorgeous black smokey eye she created on the models.

Bourjois Graduate Fashion Week backstage

Bourjois Graduate Fashion Week backstage

Bourjois Graduate Fashion Week backstage make up catwalk

Bourjois Graduate Fashion Week backstage make up catwalk

The black smokey eye looked gorgeous on the pale skin of the models. I've always been a little fearful of heavy dark eyes with my pale skin but the use of the bronzer to contour and a beautiful highlight stops this look from washing out the skin. Instead of looking sickly, Lan has managed to create something that works perfectly and totally compliments the skin tone. I may just give it a shot and try to recreate it myself!

Bourjois Graduate Fashion Week backstage make up catwalk

For the eyes, Lan used:
Bourjois Smokey Effect Eyeliner in Intense - Smokey eyes trio (Gris Party) - Bourjois Little Round Pot: Noir Fusain and Gris.

Bourjois Graduate Fashion Week backstage make up catwalk My Pale Skin Em Ford

I absolutely loved my time at Graduate Fashion Week and I managed to pick up a few tips from watching Lan and the other artists work. To top it all off, I also managed to meet two lovely bloggers 


We had such a giggle at the show and I've a special step by step Get the Look post coming soon that the three of us as a little blogging journo team managed to capture together. So do check back for that soon.

Stay tuned for more exclusive posts from backstage at Graduate Fashion Week. xxx

9 comments:

  1. Looks so much fun! I love Bourjois but just wish they did a bigger range of colours in their foundations.

    http://thebravestindividual.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually never heard of Graduate Fashion Week, we don't have anything like it in Australia. It's such a good idea! We need something like it here. I love to see up and coming and fresh designers who are new to the industry, I feel like they have so many new and amazing things to offer! Also I too love that black smokey eye!

    http://peonified.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such an amazing opportunity and event in general. I am so glad you had fun :)
    emmasbeginning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool. What a fun experience. I always wondered how makeup artists stations look backstage as I assume they're seriously messy and unorganized.

    Glad you had a good time!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first year I've not worked Graduate Week, typical! Rather envious, look like a fab day.

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had such a fab time.

    Rebekah from Rebekah Hannah Beauty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, looks like you had a super time! I'm so jealous, I loved the smokey eye too!

    Suitcase and Sandals Blog - Travel, Lifestyle and Fashion xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The young, passionate designers contribute their voices to the community as well as express the vision of the generation that is and will carry the pioneering Mission in the fashion industry.
    24 inches weave hair
    20 inches weave hair

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pulau Sempu yang notabenenya adalah teritori cagar alam memiliki kekayaan flora dan fauna didalamnya. Kamu dapat tiba di sini untuk menambahkan pengetahuan tentang kekayaan hayati Indonesia.

    Rimba tropis di pantai ini terbagi dalam Triwulan, Bendo, Buchanania, sampai Wadang. Selain itu, ada pula beberapa pantai yang dikuasai oleh Ketapang, https://wisatareligidunia.com/ Waru Laut, Pandang, sampai Nyamplug. Rimba bakau di pulau Sempu memiliki flora jenis api dan tancang. Dan ada banyak kembali yang dapat kamu dalami.

    ReplyDelete